BSEC’s annual Career Day is almost here! Get all the information you need to wow the companies below.
When: Wednesday, October 3rd, 2012
Time: 10am – 2pm
Where: Atwood Ballroom
Attire: Business Professional
Career Day is an opportunity for students to come and meet potential employers. Many employers are looking to fill full-time or internship positions within their company.
Tips, Suggestions, & FAQs for Career Day:
- How to Prepare for the Job Fair – and impress employers! (9 minute video from Career Services)
- Job Interview Tips (2 minute video from About.com)
- How to Prepare for Career Day (.pdf)
- Proper Behavior in the Workplace (.pdf)
- Professional Dress for Women (.pdf)
- Professional Dress for Men (.pdf)
Q: What should I wear?
A: Your attire should be business professional. A suit is preferred, but if you do not own a suit a dress shirt, pants, shoes, and a tie is recommended. Remember: Dress for Sucess!
Q: I see a company I want to talk to is there, how do I make my self stand out?
A: Research the company you are interested in and build a solid resume. Have your resume checked for errors by the SCSU Career Center. Bring several copies of your resume on proper resume paper with you to Career Day. After speaking with the company, apply for the position online at the companies website and the SCSU Career Center website. Normally the positions are listed in both spots and you want to make sure the employer can find you.